Sausage EB Cook Bratwurst-Grillwurst 1kg12th May 2020
Dairy FB Cheese Loaf Cheddar (2 – 2.5KG LOAF)12th May 2020
Sausage Lamb Breakfast (1KG PACK)
R107.00 (including VAT)
SAUSAGE, CHICKEN AND SQUASH TRAYBAKE
- 6 – 8 breakfast sausages – SEE OUR VARIETY HERE
- 4 – 6 chicken thighs, skin on, bone in – GET IT HERE
- 500g pumpkin or squash, cut into wedges
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- few sprigs thyme, or 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 50ml red wine
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 200g chestnut mushrooms, halved
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- fresh parsley, roughly chopped, to serve (optional)
Preheat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7.
Arrange the chicken thighs (skin-side up), sausages, pumpkin and red onions in a roasting tin and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle over the thyme and drizzle over 1 tablespoon of the oil.
Mix the red wine with 100ml of water and pour this in. Roast for 30 minutes. Turn the sausages over halfway through cooking to help them brown.
Mix the maple syrup with the red wine vinegar and then drizzle it over the roasting tin. Sprinkle over the chilli flakes, if using. Add the mushrooms and drizzle with another tablespoon of oil.
Roast for a further 25–30 minutes, or until cooked through and well browned. Serve with any pan juices spooned over, sprinkled with parsley if using.